Friday 13 January 2012

Macaroni and Cheese - Day 12 - 12.01.12

As you may have been able to tell I have been stressed up to my eyeballs with all this Uni stuff :(. That is why I have decided on a simple, easy and always satisfying macaroni and cheese.

Recipe for 2
Ingredients

  • Pasta (enough for 2)
  • Garlic (2 cloves finely chopped)
  • Butter/margarine (2tbs)
  • Plain Flour (2tbs)
  • Milk (enough to thicken mixture)
  • Cheese (2 handfuls grated)
  • Spontaneous Combustion Hot Sauce (4 drops - literally any more will blow you away)

Method
  1. Put the pasta on to cook.
  2. While the pasta is cooking melt the butter in a pan.
  3. Add the garlic and simmer for 2 minutes
  4. Add the flour and mix well.
  5. Add the milk slowly constantly mixing. You will find that after the milk is added the mixture will look very watery, but as you mix it will thicken out. 
  6. Once at a good consistency add the cheese.
  7. Allow the cheese to melt and add the hot sauce.
  8. Once the pasta is cooked, strain and add to the sauce.
  9. Plate up.
  10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Photographs

 Cheese - one of my all time favourite foods.


 The cheese sauce :)

The final product...not the greatest looking but amazing all the same.

An upclose version nom nom 

I would usually add a tsp of wholegrain mustard but did not have any at the time. I love this meal, one of my favourites....even Jace - the non pasta fan - enjoyed it.

Ease of Recipe:   (9/10)
Taste:                   (10/10) yum yum
Look:                    (7/10)

Overall:                (26/30)

So that was last nights meal.... Tonight's meal will be up tomorrow due to me needing my bed.... 8 hours of essay writing takes its toll on you.

Laura xo

No comments:

Post a Comment