Yesterday we got our new cooker yay... time for nicer food at dinner :) I had saved the salmon for my mum and dad coming over but they'd already had a full cooked breakfast ( dad did) typical. So I decided to make a nice meal for Jace and I's dinner. Mum brought us a forest for the house ... well a parsley, chilli, cactus and what I call a butterfly plant. We will have green fingers in no time!
Smoked Salmon (small packet diced)
- Chilli (1 large, 2 small diced)
- Garlic (3 cloves diced)
- Creme Fraiche (1tub)
- Cheese (2 inch cubed grated)
- Green Beans (packet chopped)
- Lemon (juice of 1)
- Pasta (enough for 4)
- Handful of flatleaf parsley
- Put the pasta on to boil.
- Add the chillis and garlic into a pan a simmer
- Add the green beans and the juice of a lemon and leave to simmer for around 5 minutes .
- Add the chopped parsley
- Add the smoked salmon and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the cheese and smoked salmon and leave for a further 5 minutes
- Drain the pasta and add the sauce.
New Parsley Plant
New Chilli Plant
Green bean, garlic, chilli, parsley and lemon mix
yum yum smoked salmon
Green bean and salmon mix
The finished product
This was a nice with a hint of heat and zing from the chillis and lemon. I had cooked far too much so was able to cool the rest down and keep for lunch tomorrow.
This was a fairly simple meal and packed a punch in the flavour department - extremely good if you like strong flavours, if you don't I would half the chillis, garlic and lemon.