Saturday 4 February 2012

19th - Chicken Tikka

So today has been a mad rush also, I'm away to a photoshoot with my friends Elaine and Louise for Elaine's 21st. Trust me to have a cracker of a spot which makes me look like I've been in a boxing match oh the joys. Anyway I will upload some of the resultant shots here once we have them :)


This meals is one of my favourite curry meals as it is very simple to make and uber scrummy.


Ingredients

  • Chicken breasts ( 2 - diced into cubes)
  • Tomato Passata (such a handy ingredient)
  • Tomatoes (3 cut into 1/6ths)
  • Pattaks Tikka Masala Curry Paste (Half Jar)
  • Onion (1 large)
  • Chilli (2)
  • Ginger ( thumb of)
  • Coriander (small bunch)
  • Honey (2tbs)
  • lemon (half)
  • balsamic vinegar (1tbs)
  • Rice (for 2)
  • Butter (knob)
  • Olive Oil (2tbs)

Method

  1. Boil enough rice for 2
  2. Cook off the onions, ginger, coriander and chilli in a pan with the oil and butter.
  3. Add the chicken and heat until meat is sealed
  4. Add curry paste, balsamic vinegar, honey and stir well
  5. Add the tomato passata, tomatoes and lemon and simmer for 40 minutes
  6. Salt and Pepper to season
  7. Serve hot





Photographs

NomNom the finished product

This meal was so tasty - I do love a curry and wasn't too hot. I also like the fact that home made curries are considerably more healthy than take outs - and pre made micro meals.

Ease:          (8/10)
Look:           (8/10)
Taste:         (10/10)

Overall:       (26/30)


Anyway I better go and finished getting all  my clothes together, and then I have work after *sigh*. Tomorrow I've decided is dedicated upload day, so get ready for a lot of meals :)

Laura xo


No comments:

Post a Comment